Adventuresome Me

My photo
Who I started out as is not who I have become! I grew up in a small town, very small...and all I wanted to do was move to the city. Now as an adult that small town has grown and is overcrowded. I want what I had as a kid...small town living. We don't appreciate what we have until it is gone. I water my plants with my rain barrel water,grow veggies in the front yard and want chickens and goats in the worst way. I married my high school sweetheart and after 18 years of marriage converted to Judaism. Did I mention I have 4 kids and I homeschool? My oldest son just graduated! The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences--homeschooling, being Jewish and loving it in a not so Jewish town, gardening, animals, and alternative medicines. So, if any of these things interest you---come along for the ride!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hope

So much is going on these days, whether its on a personal level or something we all share.  Years ago a friend of mine used to say where there is life there is hope.  While we need to get through our struggles and burdens and deal with them its nice to know there truly is hope at the end.  I woke up early this morning and started reading.  In the Tanak (The Living Nach series), the book of Jeremiah says (chapter 29 starting in  verse 4):

The Lord of Hosts, G-d of Israel, says to all the people whom He exiled from Jerusalem to Babylon:  Build houses and live (in them).  Plant gardens and eat their fruit.  Take wives and have sons and daughters, so they may bear sons and daughters and increase there; don't decrease.   Seek the welfare of the city where I have exiled you and pray to G-d on its behalf, for you will prosper when it does. 


Indeed, the Lord of Hosts, G-d of Israel, says:  Don't let the prophets and diviners among you fool you.  Don't listen to the dreams which they dream, for they prophesy falsely to you in My Name, and I did not send them, says G-d.  


G-d says:  Indeed, when Babylon's seventy years are up, I will remember you, and I will fulfill My good promise to return you to this place.  For I am mindful of the plans which I made for you, says G-d-plans for well-being and not for evil, to give you a hopeful future.


If you call on Me and come to pray to Me, I will listen to you, if you seek Me, you will find Me, if you seek Me wholeheartedly.  I will be available to you, says G-d, and I will bring you back from exile.  I will gather you from all the nations and all the places where I exiled you, says G-d, and I will return you to the place from which I exiled you.

During a time when we see billboards telling us the end of the world is near, when the value of the dollar is diminishing, food and gas prices are soaring we know G-d has plans for us for well-being and a hopeful future.  As I like to say, if we do our part, G-d will do His part. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment