Adventuresome Me

My photo
Who I started out as is not who I have become! I grew up in a small town, very small...and all I wanted to do was move to the city. Now as an adult that small town has grown and is overcrowded. I want what I had as a kid...small town living. We don't appreciate what we have until it is gone. I water my plants with my rain barrel water,grow veggies in the front yard and want chickens and goats in the worst way. I married my high school sweetheart and after 18 years of marriage converted to Judaism. Did I mention I have 4 kids and I homeschool? My oldest son just graduated! The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences--homeschooling, being Jewish and loving it in a not so Jewish town, gardening, animals, and alternative medicines. So, if any of these things interest you---come along for the ride!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Torah Study Yesterday

Yesterday I went to Chabad for Torah study.  The Rabbi and his family just moved into a beautiful, new Chabad House this past week.  Its a growing community and they needed space, everyone pitched in and Hashem made the final results happen.  We are all amazed at this beautiful new home we will have classes and services in. 
Anyway, I went for class and when I got there the Rabbi said the class was for next week.  I realized I had my dates mixed up, however, I was not the only one, there were other women there as well.  Since we were there we got the grand tour of the new home they have only been in for about 4 days. 
During this time our rebetzin comes home with 2 of her small children.  She walks through the door and without blinking an eye is thrilled to see us and says we should learn.  Would I feel this way with boxes all around and only 4 days into the new house?  She has to go find a book that is actually unpacked.  We then sit at the dining room table and she gives a Pesach lesson (which she has not prepared for yet) and it was fabulous.  We studied for over an hour.  She had the baby on her lap, as always, and I brought my daughter who played with her daughter.  When it was over she said she won't postpone classes anymore, especially now that the Chabad House has been provided.  We all laughed and said it wouldn't do any good to cancel, because we would just show up anyway! 
I will share some of what I learned in the next post. 
Good Shabbos to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment