Adventuresome Me

My photo
Who I started out as is not who I have become! I grew up in a small town, very small...and all I wanted to do was move to the city. Now as an adult that small town has grown and is overcrowded. I want what I had as a kid...small town living. We don't appreciate what we have until it is gone. I water my plants with my rain barrel water,grow veggies in the front yard and want chickens and goats in the worst way. I married my high school sweetheart and after 18 years of marriage converted to Judaism. Did I mention I have 4 kids and I homeschool? My oldest son just graduated! The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences--homeschooling, being Jewish and loving it in a not so Jewish town, gardening, animals, and alternative medicines. So, if any of these things interest you---come along for the ride!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

We were married 19 years ago on May 16, 1992. 
It's so funny to look back over the past 19+ years and see how life has changed.  My 11 year old son  told me it would be easier to be an adult because as a kid he feels he is pulled in so many directions.  What can I say to that except to say see me in 20 years and let me know how you feel.

We have 4 kids, one was premature with some issues, I also had one miscarriage, the death of close family members including my mom of blessed memory from cancer, and his grandmother who we helped to take care of for 6 years, 3+ years of unemployment, friends have come and gone, turned ourselves into a traditional Jewish family, and just had a car accident together where both cars were involved and my husband was forced to hit my car with his car. 

After the accident I looked at my husbands car and saw it mangled, I realized I didn't know how he was and for a split second was overwhelmed with possibilities going through my mind.  When I saw him and hugged him I just cried and cried because I was so happy he was ok and it hit me just how much I would not want to live without him. 

When asked what makes a good marriage my response is to put the other person first.  If both people do that then its a match made in heaven.  This is something my husband has always done, and I don't know how I got so lucky (figure of speech, since I don't believe in luck).   Hashem has truly blessed us!  I always said my husband is my soul mate, as they say in the movie Ice Age, "She completes you."  So I say my hubby completes me. 

We always look back and say if we knew then what we know now, but one thing is certain I would have my husband and kids all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment