Adventuresome Me

My photo
Who I started out as is not who I have become! I grew up in a small town, very small...and all I wanted to do was move to the city. Now as an adult that small town has grown and is overcrowded. I want what I had as a kid...small town living. We don't appreciate what we have until it is gone. I water my plants with my rain barrel water,grow veggies in the front yard and want chickens and goats in the worst way. I married my high school sweetheart and after 18 years of marriage converted to Judaism. Did I mention I have 4 kids and I homeschool? My oldest son just graduated! The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences--homeschooling, being Jewish and loving it in a not so Jewish town, gardening, animals, and alternative medicines. So, if any of these things interest you---come along for the ride!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Because I Said So"



How many times have we heard this from our parents growing up, and now we say it to our own kids?  This concept actually comes from G-d. 

Let's go back to the Garden of Eden.   It is said that when Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge it is because they wanted to please G-d.  If they knew the difference between good and evil they could serve G-d better.  This sounds logical!  However, not everything logical is good and sometimes things that don't make sense are better than good.

A mitzvah is known as a commandment, not just a good deed.  A good deed is something logical, something everyone does sometime because they see the good in it, it makes sense.  How easy is it to do something we don't understand?  Not too easy.  When we do something G-d expects and we don't understand it, it creates a tighter bond between us and our Creator

Are you not so sure of this?  Think about the next time you tell your child to do something he doesn't understand and he actually does it (stop laughing, it can happen).  Now think how wonderful that felt, that your child trusted you enough and loved you enough to do what you said.  Now think of how G-d feels when we do that for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment